Senior Contracts Administrator
Join a dynamic Contracts team that supports the delivery of mission critical capabilities across a diverse portfolio of government, commercial and international customers. The Contracts organization is the trusted business partner managing customer relationships, negotiating deals, creating innovative solutions, and providing regulatory knowledge to our customers. We are committed to employee growth and development, allowing employees to build a long term career at BAE Systems. In addition to challenging day to day assignments, employees are encouraged to pursue special projects, participate in formal and informal mentoring programs and networking events, and rotate into different roles with increasing levels of responsibility. Contracts employees are provided opportunities for promotion and relocation to other business units within the U.S. and overseas. BAE systems also provides employees with opportunities to engage with and positively impact the internal and external community in which we work.
With our historic growth and position as one of the world's largest Aerospace, Defense and Security Company's, we look to recruit and retain the best and brightest. Taking care of the Contracts team by offering daily flextime, every other Friday off, work from home options, relocation assistance, and competitive salary/benefits keeps our team engaged and motivated
We view culture as one of our most critical competitive advantages. Contracts employees come to work every day because of our strong culture and passion for our significant role in the success of the business. Our Cultural Principles are:
- Engage everyone with respect and good will
- Stay calm independent of circumstances
- Be humble and work collaboratively
- Feel empowered to do the right thing
- Listen , be curious, and allow differences to influence our decisions
The Senior Contracts Administrator offers a unique chance to work across a broad range of contracting activities that supports both the C4ISR and Electronic Combat Solution Business Areas of the BAE Systems Electronic Systems Sector. The selected candidate will collaborate daily with the Business Development, Product Development, Program Management and Professional Services teams and also work with customers to shape and close business opportunities in concert with internal and Joint Venture objectives. Work products and interactions will be at multiple levels, from your Contracts team, to the leadership team of the Business Area.
Daily responsibilities to include, but not limited to:
- Consistently works on complex assignments requiring independent action and a high degree of initiative to resolve issues as well as an understanding and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Ability to interact with the team to gather, interpret, analyze and present information.
- Compliance with Company policies and procedures, legal, regulatory and customer requirements.
- Prepare, negotiate and manage complex proposals/contracts across international and domestic environments.
- Provide guidance to Program Management, Professional Services and Product Development teams on international, government and commercial contracting methods while protecting our Intellectual Property.
- Cross-functional collaboration with Program Management, Engineering, Operations, Finance and Export teams.
Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience or 8 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced time-sensitive environment
- Strong interpersonal skills necessary to interact with diverse work teams
- Proficiency in MS Office software with an emphasis on Excel
- Strong knowledge of Intellectual Property law and policies
- FAR/DFAR knowledge and experience
- MBA, MSA, and/or JD degree
- Bachelor's degree in Business or related field
- Experience with commercial contracting, intellectual property and international business
- Active Secret clearance
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top