Senior Contract Administrator
BASIC FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
This position will lead the proposal, negotiation, and management of complex proposal and contract activities in accordance with company policies, legal and customer requirements with limited guidance or supervision from the Contracts Manager. Interpret and communicate business commitments and alternatives to program team and management. Position requires an extensive knowledge of government and commercial contracting methods, applicable laws and regulations. May supervise or guide work of lower grade contracting employees. Develop and maintain professional and dependable relationships with both internal and external customers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Maintain an in-depth knowledge and working understanding of the US Government Acquisition and Procurement environment, the BAE Systems Contracts function and relevant company policies and procedures, commercial contracting methods, FAR/DFARS, export and other government regulations.
– Independently lead and support proposal activities including, but not limited to analysis of solicitations, preparing summaries and developing strategies and recommendations based on the analysis, with attention to the financial and business risk of the proposed effort, participating in all proposal team meetings, preparing the terms, conditions and assumptions upon which the proposal may be submitted, reviewing the technical and pricing proposals for accuracy and consistency, conducting overall business risk analysis and preparing the proposal documents for submittal to the Customer.
- - Responsibilities also include coordinating with other company functions as required to ensure appropriate reviews are conducted, scheduling required reviews, and obtaining required review and approval signatures prior to submittal of proposals or execution of contractual documents.
– Perform all aspects of assigned contract or purchase order
processing including, but not limited to, accuracy of order entry data, contract funding, scope changes, contract amendments, receipts and delivery schedules, legal requirements and other commitments.
– Compile and maintain all required contractual records and documents in accordance with contract requirements and Company policies and procedures.
- Support Program Managers, Product Line Directors, and Business Area leads and provide contracts advice and counsel to company management at all levels as required
– Develop specialized contracting knowledge in areas such as FAR/DFARS regulations, International Business, Offset and Teaming Agreements. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelors degree
Required experience: 5 years of relevant Contract Management experience, 3 years experience in contracting with U.S. Government. Preferred Skills and Education Preferred experience: 7 years of relevant Contract Management experience, 5 years experience in contracting with U.S. Government, 2 years experience in service contracts, preferably in ship repair. About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top