Senior Continuous Improvement Specialist
The BAE Systems site in York, Pennsylvania supporting Combat Vehicles is seeking a Senior Continuous Improvement (CI) Specialist. In this role, the Sr CI Specialist provides leadership, planning, training, CI methodology guidance, communication and coaching skills to promote a culture of continuous improvement. This role will engage employees at all levels to help the lines of business improve quality levels, reduce waste, improve and simplify processes, continually reduce costs, and improve the overall effectiveness of assigned business processes and operations.
The key objective is to drive change that will positively affect the bottom line of the business while delivering optimum performance. The Senior CI Specialist is responsible for facilitating and driving a broad array of CI activities including:
- Leading cross-organizational and cross-functional problem solving and causal analysis teams;
- Supporting and assisting implementation of the plan for CI;
- Leading CI activities within the factories, identifying and leading CI projects that will result in reductions in the true cost of quality;
- Driving improvement efforts to resolve issues, internal and external, to the QMS to ensure consistent cost, quality and delivery;
- Serving as a facilitator supporting Quality and CI initiatives and adviser in generating lower level goals and targets;
- Providing leadership to work teams;
- Supporting efforts to achieve factory quality, cost and delivery metric goals;
- Driving corrective actions to closure, identifying errors and root cause, and then implementing corrective and preventive actions.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
The ideal candidate will have:
- Six Sigma or Lean Six Sigma Black Belt Certification
- Demonstrated experience leading cross-organizational CI DMAIC Projects
- Experience leading incident investigations and performing Event Chain-Causal Analysis
- Analytical Problem Solving (Able to identify problems and apply structured and disciplined methodology to identify root cause using data and implement solutions)
- Innovative and effective solution development, risk mitigation and execution experience
- The ability to handle multiple, complex priorities and balance the needs of each according to business impact
- Strong written and verbal presentation and facilitation skills
- The ability to communicate information in understandable terms to all levels of the organization
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills involving interfacing, coordinating and negotiating with cross functional teams and leadership at all levels to drive improvements across the organization
- A demonstrated ability in applying SPC, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing Principles
- Solid skills in problem solving, statistical analyses, manufacturing quality, and quality principles
- The ability to work independently and be effective in a fast-paced environment.
- ASQ CQE certification greatly preferred;
- Experience with RCA software (i.e. REASON, Taproot) a plus;
- Metrics and Data Analysis using Minitab highly beneficial.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top