Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
BAE Systems is providing an opportunity to support an important and dynamic Department of Justice customer as a Senior Cloud Infrastructure Engineer. The successful candidate will provide technical leadership in planning, design, and implementation of cloud-based infrastructure systems and integration with both traditional and non-traditional infrastructures.
- Determine user requirements and design specifications for cloud-based (AWS, Azure, Google Public Cloud, etc.) Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) systems.
- Create plans to ensure necessary maintenance to support system health is performed by junior staff.
- Plan, schedule, and conduct the deployment of new hosting environments and associated resources.
- Evaluate service offerings from providers and make recommendations to customer regarding integration of these technologies into existing networks and environments.
- Gather and report utilization and performance metrics pertaining to the deployed infrastructure of production system.
- Provide regular status updates to the customer, program leadership, and development teams on the progress of networks throughout the deployment lifecycle.
- Assist with requirement deconstruction, collaborating on designs, and providing feedback to the O&M engineering team on new capabilities integration efforts, and recommend improvements or changes if required.
- Collaborate with the external development teams to integrate new capabilities that are aligned with the overall program strategy.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in either Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security or System or Network Administration
- Experience configuring and working with Ansible, Terraform, and/or similar configuration automation tools.
- Solid understanding of OSI Model.
- Experience with cloud-based networking.
- Experience with VPN technologies including IPsec, L2TP, OpenVPN, and others.
- Experience with load balancing and auto-scaling.
- Experience with Linux-based routing and firewall capabilities.
- Experience with logging and monitoring of networks.
- Experience with deploying and managing cloud resources from a variety of cloud providers.
- Experience with micro services architecture concepts and development
- Experience with both Windows and Linux environments
- CCNP or above preferred
- Experience with Amazon AWS CLI and API is a plus
- Experience with other Cloud hosting and VPS providers, especially Microsoft Azure, Softlayer, Google Public Cloud, Rackspace, etc.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top