Senior Cloud Developer
BAE Systems, Inc. is looking for a Senior Cloud Developer who will use their experience in Hadoop/MapReduce/Accumulo/Spark to develop multiple cloud environments. The ideal candidate has had experience working in an environment where they have stood up a new system into operational status. Significant experience with software development with HDFS & MapReduce, along with development with Accumulo ingest and search APIs.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
• Accumulo development would include not just running scan operations in Accumulo, but also developing custom filters and iterators to control the data being returned in scan operations. Candidates who have experience with system administration with these cloud systems is highly desirable.
• Java coding using Eclipse integrated Development Environment (IDE)
• Software compilation using Maven
• Java development using the Spring Framework API
• Java service integration, e.g. Spring Integration, Mule, or Apache Camel
• Source code control systems
• Unit testing using JUnit testing framework
• Development using XML
• Unix Shell Scripting
• Object Oriented Java programming
Preferred Skills and Education
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top