Senior Business Systems Analyst
Position Overview :
The successful candidate will seek to improve the overall customer experience related to information management, delivery, and technology tools within our Electronic Combat Solutions (ECS) business areas. The Senior Business Systems Analyst incumbent is expected to understand business change needs, assess business impact of those changes, capture, analyze and document requirements and support the communication and delivery of requirements with relevant stakeholders. The incumbent will act as the communication bridge between ESS-IT and business stakeholders. Will be a key POC for the business on escalations and customer satisfaction issues. The position of Senior Business Systems Analyst reports to the ECS Director of Information Management. This position will be located at the Electronic Systems (ES) Nashua Canal Street site.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
1. Works with business to elicit high level requirements.
2. Clearly articulates and documents business requirements which will be turned into systems solutions.
3. Assesses the risks of various solutions and prioritizes competing business demands.
4. Proactively works with business to understand requests, priorities, and stakeholder concerns.
5. Acts as project coordinator on small unclassified initiatives.
6. Interfaces with ESS-IT, Engineering, Facilities, and Security to ensure IT capabilities are delivered.
7. Represents the ES Information Management Team on cross-sector working groups.
8. Works with ESS-IT to analyze existing infrastructure refresh requirements.
9. Performs other duties as assigned.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Required Skills ::
1. Demonstrated analytical skills.
2. Familiar with the requirements of closed area labs and office space.
3. Self-directed, detail oriented, organized, multi tasker - ability to keep track of a myriad of moving parts.
4. Accustomed to working in a matrixed environment.
5. Must have the ability to successfully obtain a Secret Clearance.
Preferred Skills and Education
1. Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Management, or Engineering and 12+ year(s) related experience.
2. Experience with Closed and Classified environments.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top