Senior Avionics Engineer
- Woodinville, WA
BAE Systems, Inc. is hiring Senior Avionics Engineers with background in Systems, Electrical, and Software engineering!
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The World TM ." Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with us, where you will have the opportunity to help define and develop the next generation of avionics - whether it is fly-by-wire flight controls, full authority digital engine controls, or power management ( http://www.baesystems-ps.com/interactive/cas.htm ).
The qualified candidate will have over 10 years' experience in developing flight management, mission system or cabin system solutions for fixed and rotary wing platforms.
- Performing technical planning, system integration, verification and validation.
- Evaluating alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Performing analysis at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions.
- Translating customer requirements into hardware/software specifications.
- Performing system-level analyses.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the design and integration of complex engineering systems used for new platforms to modernize or upgrade existing systems. Demonstrated experience integrating avionic equipment onto aircraft. Knowledge & Experience in complete systems development life cycle from concept of operation to system environmental and EMI qualification testing (per RTCA DO-160) to flight / certification testing.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
Required Skills and Education
Candidates applying for this role MUST have 12 or more years demonstrated experience in the following:
- Cabin Systems
- Mission Systems
- Aircraft Management Systems
- Aircraft Networks, including Aircraft Data Network (AND / ARINC 664), Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet (AFDX), ARINC 429, ARINC 629, CAN, MIL-STD-1553, etc.
- Aircraft Communication and Navigation Systems
- Flight Instrument / Multifunction Display Integration
- Collision Avoidance and Warning Systems
- Weather Systems
- Aircraft Management Systems, including integrated modular avionic (IMA) architectures, real-time airborne network systems, Vehicle Health Management Systems, etc.
- B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering or a related field (minimum)
- M.S. Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering or Systems Engineering is PREFERRED, but not required.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top