Senior Automated Software Test Engineer
Seeking a Senior Automated Software Test Engineer to create automated tests for complex systems in a challenging, fast-paced environment. This individual will write test automation software for multiple systems and components, write test plans, test descriptions, and test reports. The successful candidate will also work with design engineers, other test engineers, software and hardware engineers on multiple tasks.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Develop test strategies that will include approaches for test data, regression testing and automation methodologies to ensure higher quality delivery and test coverage.
- Designs, develops, configures, and maintains automated test frameworks and custom test solutions
- Tests individual frameworks, programs, automation scripts and configurations Debugs automation frameworks/scripts and resolves technical issues
- Documents technical solutions within test frameworks and custom test solutions
- Leverages critical thinking to identify problems and recommend corresponding solutions
- Determines programming impact on existing systems/automation frameworks
- Modifies detailed test scripts/modules/applications/frameworks with high quality
- Programs scripts/modules/applications using a high level of technical expertise
- Working within an Agile/Scrum development environment, establish collaborative relationships with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Scrum team members to ensure success of Programs, Releases and/or Sprint(s).
- Adhering to an Agile/Scrum development environment, will analyze Product Requirements and Functional Specifications and design/create and execute test cases/scenarios.
- Work with team to define and identify appropriate test scenarios
- Ensure all work complies with coding and testing standards
- Design, document, develop and execute automation scripts
- Effective collaboration with other stakeholders in the Testing Process.
- Participates in automated regression testing.
- Participates in discussions with development teams to anticipate impact on automation project and suggests solutions to quicken the automation.
- Work with the project, tracks, and team members to define automation requirements.
- Work with stakeholders to ensure various automation tools will work together to meet the objectives and performance goals.
- Integrate all requirements for the platform including functional, security, quality, and operations requirements.
- Provide reference and templates to other teams with automation methodologies and procedures.
- Recommends changes and updates to procedures.
- Review and provide guidance for the automation deliverables (automated scripts) throughout development, execution, and implementation.
- Drives creative and innovative technical concepts to mechanize workflows from ideation to operational tools, designed with the capability to be reusable, maintainable, and efficient
Preferred Skills and Education
- BSCS /BSCE degree or a degree in a closely related field
- Experience with automation testing concepts and solution analysis.
- Software development or testing, and object oriented design/programming is desired
- Experience in establishing & handling of automation framework, test project execution automatically.
- Innovative & Creative Approach to Problem Solving
- Good Communication Skills.
- Attention to details of the scope for automation in terms of expected functionality and inter-dependencies.
- Must be self-motivated and work for extended periods of time without direct supervision
Required Technical Skills
- Microsoft Test Manager
- Microsoft Visual Studios
- .NET Framework
- Python scripts
- Familiar with Web Browser Automation tools such as Selenium
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top