Senior Applications Developer
- Stafford, VA
BAE Systems is excited to offer an opportunity to support a dynamic DOJ program as an Applications Developer, providing mission critical support to our federal law enforcement customer. This mission ensures the operational availability of state-of-the-art technologies and requires technical expertise to enhance and support investigative efforts for Counterintelligence, Counter-terrorism, Criminal Investigative, and Cyber-crime Programs. If you are looking for an opportunity to help shape the future architecture for client forensic investigative capabilities, work with a very diverse team of technical professionals, and share your knowledge and experiences, then this position if for you!
This position will be involved in designing and implementing a secure software development environment and designing, documenting, and implementing software and system architectures for forensic analysis and review. This is an important customer mission enablement project which ensures the operational availability of state-of-the-art technologies and the technical expertise necessary to enhance and support customers investigative efforts in the Counterintelligence, Counterterrorism, Criminal Investigative, and Cybercrime Programs.
Develop software projects in a variety of programming and scripting languages, support system engineering and requirements documentation, and support multiple software tools and systems. Engineer and write software to facilitate the collection, analysis, and display of data from electronic devices, computers, and digital media. Write web application software and develop advanced database solutions in Structured Query Language (SQL). This position will also work on software architecture, execute rapid prototyping, and successfully implement and deploy software programs. Development will be done in an Agile and/or adhoc development environment with a focus on Agile.
Application Developer will interact with other government entities and the United States Intelligence Community (USIC) on a regular basis to ascertain requirements and identify available capabilities for deployable forensic tools and systems. The ideal candidate will combine their passion and skills in application/software development with the desire to support an important federal mission with exposure to cutting edge technology and digital forensic/evidence collection/intercept capabilities.
Required Skills and Education
- The candidate must have an Active TS Security clearance and willing to undergo a Counter Intelligence Polygraph. Candidate will not be considered without it.
- Bachelors degree with 12 years experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience
- Experience with digital forensics technology supporting federal law enforcement
- 5 years of experience writing and supporting mission-specific software tools to support forensic analysis of digital evidence AND
- 3 years of experience in the design, development, and application of large and complex software systems and web-based query and reporting systems
- Experience with multiple programming languages, scripts, and operating systems necessary to meet a diverse set of requirements such as c#, AutoIT, Java, JAVA2 Enterprise Edition (J2EE), Python, PowerShell, ASP.NET, Structured Query Language (SQL), Extensible Markup Language (XML), Web Services Description Language (WSDL), PHP, and Visual Basic (VB)
- Experience with design of software tools that include system calls to other third party tools and utilities specified by the government customer such as familiarity with techniques to interact with data stored in Oracle, Microsoft SQL, and other DB formats.
- Familiarity with Citrix XenApp and XenDesktop (XD)
- Ability to author programs that create and manage Citrix resources in combination with other resources within a complex system such as XD account management, NetScaler management, a case management system that integrates Active Directory, NTFS filesystems, Access Data FTK, Citrix XenApp, XenDesktop, and Netscaler
- Ability to identify technical strategies to interconnect disparate software applications by authorizing original software programs
- Knowledge and integration skills to observe the overall system and recommend areas where efficiency can be improved by integrating or cross-referencing software components
- Ability to develop and write original website and database applications that model existing workflow into automated systems.
- Ability to accomplish design, programming, testing, and maintenance of standalone software applications Ability to produce specifications and design documentation including: Process Flow, Class Diagrams, Sequence Diagrams, Physical Architecture, System and Web Service Interface Specifications, Data Dictionary, and Data Model.
- Demonstrated skills, knowledge and ability to support changing requirements and work under tight schedules to meet deadlines in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, deploy, implement, and support software and applications for systems design, policy development, and database development and management, and user interface development
- Ability to use available Commercial- Off-the-Shelf (COTS) software to the maximum extent practicable in designing software applications, avoiding implementation of a proprietary system
- Ability to participate in strategy sessions for the planning, development, documentation, and review of project-related documents
- Ability to participate and support the gathering, identifying, and documentation of the system and software requirements, as well as security requirements
- Microsoft Azure and/or AWS cloud experience highly desired
- Experience working on digital forensics technology or related technologies for law enforcement or intelligence community customers is a plus
- Experience working on an Agile team
- Willingness to implement Lean principles, Agile engineering and DevSecOps
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top