Senior AN/TPY-2 Engineer
BAE Systems has an immediate opening for a Junior S/W Engineer to support of the Sensors Test Analysis Requirements and Simulation (STARS) Lab. The candidate will conduct daily duties at the S3I Directorate, Redstone Arsenal, AL. (Huntsville AL.) The Junior Software Engineer in this role will work closely with a highly technical team of engineers and scientists developing advanced software capabilities for missile defense radar simulation systems. The candidate will analyze the software implementation of existing simulation systems to identify, prototype, and recommend performance and quality improvements. The position will include collaboration within a team environment while emphasizing individual contributions to produce products that are valuable to the customer. Candidates must have good people skills and the desire to work with a highly technical team of engineers.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Candidates must possess a Bachelor's Degree in a related technical discipline (Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering/Science) and at least academic exposure to radar related technologies.
- Proficiency in C++, Ada also preferred.
- Must be able to interact effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds including government and external industry personnel.
- Candidate must be a US Citizen and possess (and be able to maintain) a Final Secret Clearance or meet the eligibility to obtain (and maintain) a Secret Clearance.
- Preferred candidate will have direct experience developing software for the AN/TPY-2 radar and experience applying agile development.
This position requires a U.S. Person
Preferred Skills and Education
Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics degree is required. Master's degree in one of the above is desired. Regular use of Microsoft Office Suit , especially word and PowerPoint is needed. Several years of MDA experience is highly desired.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top