Senior Analytic Methodologist Supporting NGA
BAE Systems is looking for talented Analytic Methodologists who are excited to assist and support the analyst workforce in developing coherent analytic strategies to resolve key intelligence questions (KIQ).
The selected Analytic Methodologists will act as consultants to suggest methodologies, develop the data schema for structured observations, and support visualization of the data collected to make informed data dependent assessments. Utilize skill sets in qualitative and quantitative analysis, and Geography.
The requirements will include, but are not limited to: I nterface with fellow analysts and Senior GEOINT Officers (SGOs) on best practices for data analysis and to help understand, document, and prioritize material and non-material needs for analysis. Ensure best practices, geo-processing models, and scripts are accessible and appropriately described for mission users. Use scripts, visual analytic modeling tools, and SOPs to make widely applicable procedures repeatable. Conduct data mining and retrieval on large volumes of data, and apply quantitative analyses to identify trends, and optimize performance. Use analytic tools and techniques such as GIS, data visualization, modeling, systems analysis, and comparative analysis to create structured data environments to address complex military and intelligence problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 4 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
10+ years of related Analytic Methodology experience
- Ability to write scripts including Python and JAVA scripts.
- Superior knowledge of feature data services and data modelling.
- Superior knowledge of ESRI ArcGIS and ArcServer.
- Superior knowledge of geospatial database content management.
- Superior knowledge of data format conversion.
- Knowledge of coordinate systems (latitude and longitude, UTM) and their conversions.
- Knowledge of projections and their properties and conversions.
- Knowledge of symbolization rules (how symbols are used to portray features)
- Knowledge of generalization rules.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working with data quality control tools including ArcGIS Data ReViewer.
- Proficient with ESRI Workflow Manager WMX and TAM.
- Experience working with geospatial data in a multi-user enterprise environment.
- Demonstrated ability in writing SQL
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience with combining digital cartography, computer technology, GIS, cartographic and geospatial production techniques, remote sensing, photogrammetry, and digital data formats.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Access databases
- Understanding of cloud architecture
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Program Engineering Manager
Arun oversees the technical and operational aspects of engine control system projects for the company’s commercial airline clients around the world.
Back to top