Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer- Endicott NY, Los Angeles CA, or Redmond WA
BAE Systems is hiring for a Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer.
This position can be located either in Endicott, NY, Los Angeles, CA, of Redmond, WA
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
This role will act at the Senior Principal II level to perform activities such as developing and managing systems level requirements, developing operational systems concepts, originating design concepts, developing algorithms, performing systems level integration/test and assisting in systems validation for complex avionics control systems.
Duties and responsibilities involve the following:
- Performs systems engineering functions by doing one or more of the following:
- Develop, allocate and manage complex system level requirements.
- Review, develop and document system level operational concepts and mission statements.
- Research and develop complex systems designs and architectures.
- D evelop and analyze algorithms.
- Prepare and/or review documentation for system designs and architectures in accordance with established systems development processes and procedures.
- Perform system/product integration. ie Flight Control, Actuator and/or Air Data Sensor integration.
- Verify and validate moderately complex aspects of systems designs to ensure conformance with functional specifications and customer requirements.
- Produce and/or review technical documents, specifications and standards.
- May support various specialty-engineering tasks; such as System Safety Engineering tasks, Reliability, Maintainability & Availability analysis, Integrated Logistics Support, Fault Tree & Failure Analysis, and Training Development for complex systems.
- Able to support site operations and sustainment activities at customer locations.
- May assist with causal analysis and resolution activities.
- Support business leaders in identifying potential new products or business opportunities and define associated program requirements.
- Support proposal development activities, including proposal text development, cost estimating and presentation activities.
- Able to be a group/task leader. Responsible for scheduling, assigning work, reviewing the technical adequacy of work products, meeting cost and schedule for assigned group and interface coordination with other groups.
- Prepare and deliver basic customer and technical presentations.
Endicott, located in the Greater Binghamton area, is home to several sports teams, shopping centers, a growing downtown, the State University of New York at Binghamton, several large healthcare employers and some of New York's top-ranked school districts. The area enjoys a rich heritage with multiple diverse communities with local cuisine and festival celebrations. From the area to an hour out there is access to hiking, skiing, lakes, waterparks, casinos, golfing, camping and vineyards. A 9/80 work schedule gives employees a great opportunity to experience all that the region has to offer and provides a balanced work and family lifestyle.
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's Degree in related engineering discipline
- 15 years of experience in avionics or electronic controls related development, including familiarity with avionic systems (flight controls, actuators, autopilots), interfaces and data buses.
- Experience in full lifecycle development including system requirements and design, system-level integration, validation, and verification.
- Technical writing skills: capable of creating required engineering documentation.
- Experience in integrating electronic equipment including hardware/software.
- Demonstrated experience providing technical leadership.
- Experience with flight critical fly-by-wire Flight Controls, Actuators, Air Data Systems, Pilot Inceptors, Inertial Sensors and/or Autopilot systems.
- Working knowledge of model based development of systems and/or software.
- Familiar with data bus protocols (1553B, ARINC 429, RS422/485, AFDX or CDN).
- Experience with development of formal validation and verification procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to lead working groups or program teams.
- Familiar with ARP4754, DO-178B/C and DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements.
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management and Problem Reporting tools.
- Knowledgeable of commercial certification objectives and activities.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Electronic Systems, based in Nashua, New Hampshire, provides systems and products that maximize the effectiveness and safety of fighting forces and first responders. Its offerings include infrared countermeasures and electronic protection systems for military and civilian aircraft; information management systems; signal acquisition, analysis, and exploitation systems that optimize use of the electromagnetic spectrum by friendly forces while denying its use by adversaries; interoperable communications systems for firefighters and other first responders; thermal weapon sights; precision targeting systems; situational awareness systems for ground vehicles; night-vision systems; identification friend or foe systems; and radiation-hardened electronics. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top