Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer- Endicott, NY
BAE Systems is hiring for a Senior Aerospace Systems Engineer
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
In this role, you will be responsible to:
- Perform technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluate alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Perform analysis at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal.
- Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions.
- Translate customer requirements into hardware/software specifications.
- Perform system-level analyses, including:
- Size, Weight, Power and Cost (SWaP / C) analyses
- Safety and Hazard Analyses
- Reliability Analysis (MTBF, MTBUR, etc.)
- Familiarity with RTCA DO-178B/C and RTCA DO-245 Development Processes
- Architecture Studies, to include HW/SW Partitioning, Timing Analyses, Security Analyses, Criticality Analyses and Redundancy Analyses
- Design and integrate complex engineering systems used for new platforms to modernize or upgrade existing systems.
Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- B.S. Aeronautical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or Software Engineering or a related field (minimum)
- 12 years of experience in avionics or electronic controls related development, including familiarity with avionic systems (flight controls, actuators, autopilots), interfaces and data buses.
- Demonstrated experience integrating avionic equipment onto aircraft.
- Knowledge & Experience in complete systems development life cycle from concept of operation to system environmental and EMI qualification testing (per RTCA DO-160) to flight / certification testing.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
- Experience with flight critical fly-by-wire Flight Controls, Actuators, Air Data Systems, Pilot Inceptors, Inertial Sensors and/or Autopilot systems.
- 10-15+ years of experience with development of requirements and operational system concepts.
- Working knowledge of model based development of systems and/or software.
- Familiar with data bus protocols (1553B, Arinc 429, RS422/485, AFDX or CDN).
- Experience with development of formal validation and verification procedures.
- Demonstrated leadership ability to lead working groups or program teams.
- Familiar with ARP4754, DO-178B/C and DO-254 or equivalent stringent process requirements.
- Experience with Requirements Management tools (i.e. Doors) and Configuration Management and Problem Reporting tools.
- Knowledgeable of commercial certification objectives and activities.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top