Senior Aerospace FPGA Engineer- Endicott, NY
BAE is seeking a Senior Aerospace FPGA Engineer.
At BAE Systems, we deliver a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. If you are an individual that enjoys a cohesive team environment and is interested in a variety of challenges across a variety of products, then we are interested in hearing from you!
In this role, you will be responsible to develop and support FPGA/CPLD designs through all phases of design and system integration for high-reliability embedded aerospace and ground based vehicle systems applications.
- Perform activities such as requirements generation, design, RTL-synthesis, test bench development and design simulation, static timing and power analysis, and requirements based design verification.
- Prototype evaluation, design-to-cost tradeoffs, design reviews, qualification test support, system integration support, production and obsolescence support tasks.
- Maintain the desire to stay current in the continuously developing field and to expand knowledge base and skills in FPGA design and digital hardware engineering.
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 10 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- 10+ years circuit design experience, with the demonstrated ability to design HDL-based FPGAs and CPLDs for aerospace applications.
- Comprehensive knowledge of digital electronic devices and circuit design principles and experience using design/analysis tools, such as Timing Designer and Hyperlynx.
- Hands-on hardware build, test, and integration experience
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to effectively work in a team environment
- Excellent problem solving skills, judgment, and analytical capability, along with follow-up and monitoring skills
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Familiarity with FPGA integration into digital circuit card designs to ensure electrical integrity of FPGA design in embedded applications.
- Minimum Training/Education: BSEE
- Design experience with Microprocessor/Microcontroller interfaces such as I2C, SPI, CAN bus ARINC-825, memory interfaces such as SDRAM controllers, Flash, SRAM; serial interfaces (MIL-STD-1553, ARINC-429, RS422, RS485, AFDX ARINC-664, etc) and FPGA design using Microsemi, Xilinx, Lattice, Altera, etc.
- Familiarity with RTCA/DO-254 hardware development objectives
- Experience with Matlab and Simulink for auto-generation of FPGA code
- Design tools such as Synplify and ModelSim
- Experience with high-speed Digital circuit card design, including part placement and routing, constraint generation, and signal integrity analysis.
- Emphasis on design-to-cost methodology
- Preferred Training/Education: MSEE
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top