Senior Aerospace Control Law Engineer- Endicott, NY
BAE Systems is hiring an Aeronautical Engineer to support safety critical Avionics Control Law development.
The work we do at BAE Systems matters. We create innovative technologies and solutions that give our military and commercial customers an edge. We seek strong technical engineers with passion and integrity, the ability to solve complex problems, and an interest in making a significant impact. Are you up for the challenge? It's more than a job. It's inspired work.
As a systems engineer, you will bring forward your aeronautical and control law experience to help develop safety critical flight control systems and solve complex aerospace problems.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 6 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Desired Skills and Experience
Bachelor's in engineering discipline or equivalent experience a minimum,
- Aeronautical engineering degree preferred.
At least 7 years' experience working in an engineering environment/10 years' experience preferred
5 years of safety critical Control Law development experience preferred
Familiarity with any of the following - ARP-4754A/DO-178 or DO-254 certification requirements
Experience in at least one of the following subject areas:
- Experience with real time control loop systems for safety critical avionics
- Developing safety-critical system or software requirements
- Validation of safety-critical systems for Aircraft loss of control prevention
- Development of aircraft control laws
- Experience with safety critical control systems
Knowledge of MBSE approaches, methods and techniques applied to the development of integration of enterprise and system level architecture products
Experience with the following software packages & languages is a significant asset
- Model-Based Systems Engineering tools
- UML & SysML
The following personal traits or abilities are critical for success
▪ Natural leader & mentor
▪ Succeeds in developing complicated technical situations
▪ Exceptional written and oral communication skills
▪ Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
▪ Ability and drive to deliver on time, while working in a semi-autonomous environment
▪ Ability to create and communicate an accurate schedule
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top