Senior Accountant - Ship Repair
BAE Systems Ship Repair Corporate is seeking to hire a Senior Financial Analyst who will be responsible in performing the following duties.
1. Various accounting duties including creating and posting Journal entries
2. Record and report on data related to financial transactions to ensure current, accurate and complete financials
3. Collect, summarize and analyze financial/cost data for use in reporting financial results
4. Responsible for processing all intra and inter-company invoices and confirming month-end balances
5. Critical member of month-end close, assisting with consolidation activities and creating financial reports
6. Prepare monthly balance sheet reconciliations using Blackline software
7. Conduct ad-hoc analysis on an as needed basis
8. Support any internal or external audits
Typical Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree and 5 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance or relevant discipline, and 5 years work experience; or Master degree and 3+ years' experience.
• Previous experience in Program Finance and/or Accounting.
• Proficient to Expert in Microsoft Excel.
• Ability to understand quickly and comprehensively and apply lessons learned.
• Ability to work independently, as well as cross-functionally.
• Understand and utilize financial reporting systems.
• Proven ability to analyze financial data and willingness to learn new financial tools.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Self-confidence and strong business acumen.
• Organized and disciplined in work habits; ability to multi-task and prioritize work.
• Strong initiative and analytical skills.
Preferred Skills and Education
Working knowledge of HFM, Blackline ,and Deltek, .
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top