Semiconductor Technician/Engineering Assistant
You don't see it, but it's there. Our employees work on the world's most advanced electronics - from saving emissions in
the City of Lights to powering the Mars Rover to protecting the F-35 fighter jet. At Electronic Systems, you'll be among the brightest minds, working on the aerospace and defense industry's most difficult problems. Drawing strength from our
differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to
change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first - exemplified by our missions: "We
Protect Those Who Protect Us®" and "We Innovate For Those Who Move The WorldTM."
Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
BAE Systems is currently hiring for a Semiconductor Process Engineering Assistant to work in our Lexington, MA locstion. The Semiconductor Engineering Assistant will work in class a 100 cleanroom in our Microbolometer Fab.
Primary duties are to :
- Support daily production flow and processes through operation of various semiconductor tools used to manufacture IR devices which may include processes such as photolithography, plasma cleaning, thin film deposition, etching, wet and dry strips, annealing, CD SEM measurements and associated metrology
- Assist higher level production and engineering staff in daily production and development tasks
- Other duties as required
Typically a High School Diploma and 3 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- Must be able to work in a class 100 cleanroom wearing full cleanroom garb
- Must have at least 3 years prior experience
- Must possess good communication and interpersonal skills work well in a small team environment.
- Must be able to wear cleanroom attire for the majority of the work day (full cleanroom gowns, booties, hoods, safety glasses and gloves).
- Must be familiar with all semiconductor safety and cleanroom protocols.
- Computer skills include: Excel, Word, Outlook
- Ensure compliance with all safety and health regulations stated by internal company policy and Federal, State and Local applicable standards.
- Adherence to Company policies, standard practices and security requirements
- Workstream or PROMIS (computer based production control) experience
- Class 100 clean room experience
- Certificates and/or Associates degree in related disciplines highly preferred.
BAE Systems Electronic Systems is the global innovator behind game-changing defense and commercial electronics. Exploiting every electron, we push the limits of what is possible, giving our customers the edge and our employees opportunities to change the world. Our products and capabilities can be found everywhere - from the depths of the ocean to the far reaches of space. At our core are more than 14,000 highly talented Electronic Systems employees with the brightest minds in the industry, we make an impact - for our customers and the communities we serve.
Back to top