SE&I Web Developer
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Website Developers to design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, configure and maintain websites for the Intelligence Community. Our team of developers ensure websites are available to the users with appropriate links and security. The team designs web page layout and infrastructure to maintain a cohesive presence based on the organization's mission and goals, and also develops, assesses and communicates website usage and security policies and procedures.
Supports SE&I Task Lead. Collaborates with SE&I Team for software development using Agile methodologies. Identifies and sets up all necessary tools to support the development and management activities. Identifies processes and plans for mission interaction to understand and prioritize mission needs, gather requirements, validate design and planning implementation, acquire feedback, and deliver capabilities. Defines and update processes such as code control, daily builds, regression tests, and configuration control, etc. Defines processes for documenting user stories, business priorities, and planned enhancements with the estimated effort for each requirement. Designs and codes the system to meet the requirements documented in the Sprint Backlog. Demonstrates each Sprint release to the Government and mission owner for approval to deploy to the testing environment. Conducts a Sprint review/retrospective. Works closely with matrixed Training Development Specialists to produce and update User Training Plan.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance
- Experience developing using Microsoft development tools such as Visual Studio or Team Foundation Server.
- Proficiency in developing using C# programming language.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills with ability to to communicate what you are doing, how and why you chose the direction you are going.
- Comfortable eliciting input from end users or other developers to clarify functional and technical requirements.
- Strong desire to work in teams and learn new technology, development techniques, beginning with front end user interface development and expanding into web services and then more sophisticated back end programming and data management.
- Experience developing in AWS cloud environment.
- Training or certifications at the AWS practitioner level.
- Experience to some of the following technologies Visual Studio, Java, Perl, ASP.Net, C#, CSS, HTML, TFS, JIRA, AJAX/HTML/CSS, Team Foundation Server (TFS), NUnit or MS-Test Manager,
- Experience performing application builds, using Team Foundation Server, CruiseControl.net, FxCop, ReSharper, Git, SVN, and Open Source (github, google, apache).
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top