SE&I Technical Writer
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Technical Writers to author, rework and/or edit technical documents such as technical procedure manuals, user/service manuals, programming manuals, operational specifications, and related technical publications to communicate clearly and effectively technical specs and instructions to a wide range of audiences in the Intelligence Community. Our team of writers will acquire subject knowledge by interviewing engineers, developers, observing installation and operations, referring to technical specifications, engineering illustrations, and other sources.
Supports SE&I Task Lead. Works closely with SE&I Team to update documentation for all existing capabilities, and develop documentation for all emerging capabilities. Documentation may include, but is not limited to: Interface Control (ICD), Interface Design (IDD), System Design (SDD), System Architecture Design (SAD), Database Design (DBDD), Security and Test (TEMP) documents. Maintains all applicable documents in a library shared with the Training and Outreach Team. Revises documentation based on recommended improvements developed from test events as well as user feedback.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (must submit writing sample).
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Strong MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and SharePoint skills.
- Conduct final reviews of text, graphics and other formats.
- Ability to conduct research and perform simple queries for relevant databases, produce publications in accordance to standards.
- Strong experience writing clear and concise reports and conducting research and experience with the report review process.
- Experience supporting the missions of analysts in the Defense Intelligence Agency or Combatant Commands.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top