SE&I Software Test Engineer
- Sterling, VA
BAE Systems is building a team of Software Quality Assurance Engineers to develop, modify, apply, and maintains standards for software systems quality operating methods, processes, and procedures for software systems build to support the Intelligence Community. Our team of engineers will conduct evaluations of software systems activities including requirements, design, development, documentation, integration, test, verification and validation. The team will define measures to ensure product quality as well as develop overall operating criteria to ensure implementation of the software quality program according to project, process and contract requirements and objectives.
Supports SE&I Task Lead. Tests the Integrated Development Environment after being built, and other development tools after being installed. Completes testing IAW government approved governance process. Implements centrally managed test process that leverages reuse of plans and procedures to extent possible. Develops the system and interface test procedures, test cases, and test data IAW the TEMP. Collaborates with mission owners and users to determine and documents test requirements, establishes evaluation criteria, and develops, maintains and delivers test plans and procedures. Leverages automated testing in support of continuous delivery models. Identifies the test verification and validation (V&V) environment, establishes evaluation criteria, and conducts system capability (V&V). Provides documentation and analysis of test results, including user feedback for incorporation into future development activities. As allowed by governance process, participates in mission application acceptance testing, including back-out plans for changes to the existing baseline.
Work Locations for this opportunity are located primarily in Sterling VA and Joint Base Anacostia Bolling. However, other work locations are available in Reston VA, Charlottesville VA, Doral Florida and other CONUS and OCONUS. We're hiring multiple candidates for this position, ranging in skill levels from Junior to Subject Matter Expert.
Required Skills and Education
- Bachelor's degree in computer related field.
- 0-3 years | 4-8 years | 9-12 years |13+ years of related experience.
- Active TS clearance
- Experience with testing, usability, security and build/tools management.
- Experience with formal system testing activities for a particular project or subset of a larger project.
- Experience with analysis of documented user requirements and directs or assists in the design of test plans in support of user requirements for moderately complex to complex software or IT systems.
- Experience with all phases of risk management assessment and software/hardware development.
- Experience with test design, documentation, and reporting.
- Possess good communications skills including interpersonal communication and team communication.
- Understanding the need for and be an advocate of disciplined approaches (requirements, processes, and practices).
- Software and Functional requirements analysis to determine testability, and to develop test cases.
- Familiarity with JIRA, to include searching Agile and Kanban boards, creating Dashboards, and creating and managing tickets/issues.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top