Security Systems Engineer (Master)
- Reston, VA
At BAE Systems, we promote a strong, collaborative culture and provide our employees with the tools and skills they need to succeed. We are about trust, camaraderie, and a shared ambition to solve some of the world's most complex challenges. You will get to work alongside a team of talented professionals who are passionate about their work and the mission. We offer competitive pay and benefits, a flexible work environment to support work/life balance as well as a learning environment and training opportunities to further develop you professionally. Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too.
Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for a Master Security Systems Engineer to join our team!
This role provides implements and validates security controls that support the Risk Management Framework (RMF) and ICD 503 Security Accreditation as part of an Agile team. Responsibilities include developing architecture documentation and Systems Security Plans (SSP) to support Accreditation and Authorization (A&A) reviews, and coordinating with customer security organizations as part of DevSecOps delivery pipeline to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO). Knowledge of the complex environment involving shared IC networks and multiple security enclaves is desired.
This role is responsible for protecting the organization's information and information systems from unauthorized access, use, disclosure, disruption, modification, perusal, inspection, recording and destruction. Duties include managing and enforcing security strategies and policies within established guidelines. Responsibilities include IT Security Strategy, CyberSecurity, and Compliance and Risk Management.
Required Skills and Education
- Experience providing technical/management leadership on major tasks or technology assignments.
- Experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- Domain and expert technical knowledge.
- Experience directing and controlling activities for a client, having overall responsibility for financial management, methods, and staffing to ensure that technical requirements are met.
- Experience interfacing with senior management and negotiating with clients on requirements and deliverables.
- Experience supervising others.
- Experienced with various security tools and processes such as Splunk, Nessus Security Center, WebInspect, Xacta
- PKI implementation
- STIG compliance and POA&M and vulnerability management
- Candidate must have BS with 8-12 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6-10 years of prior relevant experience.
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top