Security Specialist (Intermediate)
Overall Responsibilities: Maintain and administer the day-to-day security procedures for government programs.
- Execute program security classification guides and standard operating procedures for the secure operation of the program area.
- Maintain security files in accordance with established file plans and procedures.
- Complete day-to-day execution of all security policies and procedures within the program area.
- Implement all safeguard and control procedures for handling classified documents to include proper handling, transmission and destruction procedures.
- Complete the self-review and inspection program for the area. Support closing of all open action items.
- Execute Visitor Control procedures.
- Ensure compliance with all internal security requirements
- Prepare inputs for the organization’s security education & training program. Brief applicable sections as assigned.
- Responsible for the day-to-day receipt and dispatch of program information and generation and processing of Program Access Requests (PARs) in accordance with approved policies and procedures Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: Bachelor Degree or four additional years of experience in lieu of a degree
- Familiarity with and ability to understand every applicable security regulation including but not limited to: DoD NISPOM/SUP, Overprint, pertinent Air Force Instructions (AFIs), DoD 5105.21- M – 1, JAFAN series, DCID/ICD series.
- Three to four years related experience in a security field.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office product suite.
- Good communication skills, both oral and written. About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software.
People are the greatest asset in any Company …
BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment that challenges our employees to be remarkable and obtain their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top