Security Specialist II
- Roy, UT
BAE Systems at Hill AFB, UT is looking to hire a Security Specialist II to support the Air Force Nuclear Weapon Center (AFNWC). Assists in the development for security procedures consistent with Air Force Instructions and DoD Directives. Assist in classified material management activities such as identification of classified material/accesses, assigning Document Control Numbers and document marking. Assists in ensuring compliance with government and company security policies, procedures and directives. Investigate and report security violations and incident reports on security matters. Familiar with Antiterrorism and force protection training, issues and levels. Assists briefing and creating employee security trainings, guidance, counseling and security oversight. May assist in receiving and dispatching classified documents. Experience working with additional classifications such as CNWDI, RD, FRD and NATO. Experienced in working in a classified environment on all aspects of classified areas (i.e. access control, accountability, inventories, emergencies, incidents, reports,
alarms, and many other security related items). Assist with personnel security clearances, vetting lists for classified meetings and closed areas, and other PERSEC/Visitor Control functions. May perform other security duties as assigned. This is a great opportunity to further develop your Industrial Security career and grow your skills in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
Required Skills and Education
Experience working in security to include; industrial security, personnel security, physical security.
• Become proficient with maintaining and administration of security databases, to include JPAS and DISS
• Position requires a current Secret clearance.
• Execute quarterly PERSEC Metrics Reports for all clearance processes and out-going visit requests
• Provide back-up support and continuity plan (s) relative to the PERSEC Office and Security Team
• Manage and maintain JPAS and DISS for AFNWC
• Ability to maintain confidentiality in accordance with PII standards and the Privacy Act of 1974
• Ability to manage time, make sound decisions, work independently, analyze problems and provide focused solutions
• Knowledge of DOD instructions & directives, Security Classification Guides, Air Force Instructions, and other Government security
• Knowledge of the government classified contract process to include DD254's
• Ability to understand, explain, interpret and apply rules, regulations, directives and procedures
• Good typing skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally are highly desirable
- Good customer service skill set
Recognized as a Top Workplace in Utah for two years in a row. Join an extraordinary company culture and the winning team to success on ISC this year and for years to come.
Preferred Skills and Education
8+ Years with HS
6+ Years with AA
4+ Year with BS
Experience working in security to include; industrial security, personnel security, physical security. Position will require a Secret clearance. Must be able to maintain Secret clearance (Top Secret preferred). Knowledge of DOD instructions & directives, Security Classification Guides, Air Force Instructions, and other Government security directives
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top