Assists in the development for security procedures consistent with the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
Assist in classified material management activities such as identification of classified
material/accesses, assigning Document Control Numbers and document marking.
Assists in ensuring compliance with government and company security policies, procedures and directives, to include BAE Systems Special Security Agreement (SSA) requirements. Also assists in the development and implementation of compliance standards and policies in supporting SSA and BAE Systems requirements.
Processes new employees security clearances through JPAS and coordinating them through the BAE Systems Central Clearance Processing Center and conducts electronic fingerprinting (SWFT).
Processes incoming and outgoing visit requests (in JPAS, using DOE Forms, creating memorandums). Uses JPAS to indoctrination briefings and debriefings as required.
Investigate and report security violations and incident reports, completes Reports of Investigation (ROI) on security matters.
Familiar with Anti-terrorism and force protection training, issues and levels. Assists briefing and creating employee security trainings, guidance, counseling and security oversight.
Helps manage badging and access control for BAE Systems employees, subcontractors, and other official personnel for area/facility access. Also creates proper access badges or issues temporary/visitor badges.
May assist in receiving and dispatching classified documents thru SIMS in accordance with NISPOM and BAE Systems standards.
May serve as an alternate COMSEC Custodian. Experience in using a STE (Secure Terminal Equipment).
May perform other security duties as assigned. Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED
Experience working with additional classifications such as Special Access Programs (SAP), Special Compartmented Information (SCI), Nuclear Sensitive Information (NC2-ESI, CNWDI, RD, FRD) and NATO.
Experienced in working in a classified environment on all aspects of classified areas (i.e. access control, accountability, inventories, audits/inspections, emergencies, incidents, reports, alarms and many other security related items). Assists in conducting periodic classified document inventories and security self-inspections on local processes and practices for NISPOM compliance.
- US Citizenship Required
- 8+ years with HS; 4+ years with AA; 2+ years with BS; 0+ years with MS Preferred Skills and Education Experience working in security to include; industrial security duties, personnel security, classified document control, and other related security duties in support of DoD programs.
- Proficiency with maintaining and administration of security databases, to include SIMS, JPAS, e-QIP, and SWFT
- Working knowledge of NISPOM, DOD instructions, Security Classification Guides, and other Government security directives
- Working knowledge of the government classified contract process to include DD254’s
- Ability to understand, explain, interpret and apply rules, regulations, directives and procedures
- Good typing skills and ability to communicate effectively in writing and verbally are highly desirable
- Must be a people person and very customer driven About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top