Security Spec I
This position reports to the Facility Security Officer (FSO), performing a wide variety of duties to assist the FSO in the implementation and maintenance of a complete industrial security program including alarm response, area control, container access, badge and lock control, incident investigation, classification management, classified hardware control, and plant protection as required by the Department of Defense under the National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM) and other government agencies.
- Performs all duties in accordance with DoD, UL 205 and NISPOM requirements related to Alarm response. Responsible for checking emergency exits, patrolling the interior and exterior of the campus.
- In charge of area and container access; briefing personnel of their responsibilities for having access to containers and closed areas, maintaining access rosters, lock control and conducting audits of both areas and containers.
- Responsible for writing and reviewing incident reports. Investigates security violations and prepares comprehensive reports for submission to the FSO for review and necessary action.
- Responsible for covering breaks at the front desk; must learn the visitor control process to include badging of personnel/visitors, escorting and conducting bag checks.
- Assists AFSO with Closed Area construction requirements and certification.
- Create and modify badge accounts.
- Monitors key control.
- This position has a high, mobile visibility during the day/business hours (7:00 am – 4:30 pm).
- Position requires climbing, lifting and long periods of standing and walking.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top