BAE Systems is building a team of Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The SOC's primary function is to provide comprehensive Computer Network Defense and Response support through 24×7×365 monitoring and analysis of potential threat activity targeting the enterprise. This position will conduct security event monitoring, advanced analytics and response activities in support of the government's mission. Additionally, these candidates must be familiar with intrusion detection systems, intrusion analysis, security information event management platforms, endpoint threat detection tools, and security operations ticket management. This position will support activities within Special Access Programs (SAPs) supporting Department of Defense (DoD) agencies and Military Compartments efforts.
The SOC will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Analyzing information technology security events to discern events that qualify as legitimate security incidents as opposed to non-incidents. This includes security event triage, incident investigation, implementing countermeasures, and conducting incident response.
- Analyzing Security Information and Event Monitoring (SIEM) platforms and/or log management systems that perform log collection, analysis, correlation, and alerting
- Analyzing security events (windows event logs, network traffic, IDS events for malicious intent)
- Tracking activities within various Security Operation workflows
- Identifying and implementing counter-measures or mitigating controls for deployment and implementation in the enterprise network environment
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 5-7 years' related experience
- Prior performance in roles such as ISSO or ISSM
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level 2 or Information Assurance Manager Level 2 or CND Auditor or Incident Responder certification within 6 months of the date of hire
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
- Ability to develop rules, filters, views, signatures, countermeasures and operationally relevant applications and scripts to support analysis and detection efforts.
- An understanding in researching Emerging Threats and recommending monitoring content within security tools.
- Experience in analyzing NetFlow data and packet capture (PCAP).
- Robust knowledge of common attack methodologies, tactics and protocols
- Knowledge of the TCP and IP protocol suite, security architecture, DNS and remote access security techniques and products
- Technical experience in the information security field utilizing a mix of security technology such as: Intrusion Detection & Prevention Systems (IDS/IPS), Firewalls & Log Analysis. SIEM, Network Behavior Analysis tools, Antivirus, and Network Packet Analyzers, Digital Forensics tools in an Enterprise environment, Cyber Incident Response activities in an Enterprise environment
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.