BAE Systems is building a team of System and Security Experts to provide information technology and information assurance services, along with multi-disciplinary security and specialized analytical protection support. The SCA is responsible for conducting a comprehensive assessment of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an IS to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls. SCAs also provide an assessment of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the IS and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities.
The Assessor will also be responsible for the following duties:
- Performs oversight of the development, implementation and evaluation of IS security program policy; special emphasis placed upon integration of existing SAP network infrastructure
- Performs assessment of ISs, based upon the Risk Management Framework (RMF) methodology in accordance with the Joint Special Access Program (SAP) Implementation Guide (JSIG)
- Evaluates Authorization packages and make recommendation to the AO and/or DAO for authorization
- Evaluates IS threats and vulnerabilities to determine whether additional safeguards are required
- Ensures security assessments are completed and results documented and prepare the Security Assessment Report (SAR) for the Authorization boundary
- Initiates a Plan of Action and Milestones (POA&M) with identified weaknesses for each Authorization Boundaries assessed, based on findings and recommendations from the SAR
- Assess proposed changes to Authorization boundaries operating environment and mission needs to determine the continuation to operate.
- Assists the Government compliance inspections
- Evaluates Hardware and Software to determine security impact that it might have on Authorization boundaries
- Other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- 7-9 years' related experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent 4 years of experience.
- Minimum of four (4) years' experience in SAP, SCI or Collateral Information Systems (IS) Security and the implementation of regulations identified in the description of duties.
- Prior performance in the role of ISSO and ISSM or SCA
- Must meet position and certification requirements outlined in DoD Directive 8570.01-M for Information Assurance Technician Level III or Information Assurance Manager Level II within 6 months of the date of hire
- Active DoD Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain Special Program accesses
- Must be able to regularly lift 50lbs.
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Familiarity with Air Force programs and environment
- Experience with Agile Development methodologies
- Understanding of SAFe/Agile methodologies
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.