Security Alarm Tech II
Performs a variety of technically complex security, server, IP and network management tasks such as installing, maintaining, repairing, adjusting and troubleshooting a wide variety of security systems. Also performs local and field oversight of security contractors and coordinates in-house skilled trades during construction and security projects. Works under the general direction of Joint Security Operations Center (JSOC) Manager and in association with the JSOC Staff and Contractors. Travels to geographically separated sites/facilities in other states on a regular basis to perform tasks.
This position is open to multiple locations.
Major duties include, but are not limited to;
- Performs a variety of complex functional and operational tests on networked and encrypted electronic security systems, subsystems and assemblies to comply and meet government requirements in accordance with UL 2050, DCID 6-9 and JAFAN 6-9 security procedures and data sheets.
- Determines or monitors device or wiring routing locations and methods for installing security panels, power panels, security devices, telephone recording devices, conduits, wires, electrical equipment, fixtures, controls and life safety interfaces with locking hardware and fire alarm systems. Must be able to work from blueprints, sketches, and manufacturer's equipment schematic diagrams to plan the sequence of operations, to carry out wiring and equipment installations and monitoring of security and industrial electrical equipment monitoring.
- Maintains, manages, operates and performs backups of highly complex networked access control and intrusion detection systems and monitoring workstations to meet government security requirements.
- Interfaces with local and field Facility Security Officers, Site Security personnel, Site Facility Managers, design engineers and service technicians installing, modifying, and enhancing operations of equipment and completing construction projects. May be required to work with or direct contractor personnel when performing these tasks.
- Plans and lays out new security projects, SCIF construction and renovates/alters existing equipment to assure project installations are correct and complete for proper operation. Responsible for ensuring all work performed and completed as specified by contract, engineering drawings & specifications and applicable codes.
- Repairs and rebuilds defective, damaged, or inoperative security electrical equipment and components. Isolates source of difficulty and installs temporary hook-ups as required to minimize down time.
- Develops and/or prepares schematics, designs, specifications, parts lists, etc.
- Compiles, computes, analyzes, interprets and presents a wide variety of security reports, audits or other documentation data to meet government or special security program requirements.
- Provides technical and training direction to security personnel, security operations center analyst and operators
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top