- Kaiserslautern, Germany
BAE Systems is seeking a SecureView Engineer to install and support critical infrastructure at Ramstein AFB and remotely support USAFE users. Our SecureView (SV) team is responsible for successfully fielding software and systems that provide secure access to cross-domain virtualized desktop machines. This individual will administer the SecureView Management Server (SVMS), image cross-domain workstations, laptops and other end point machines, migrating user profile, and deploying the device as per the schedule. Other duties will include network configuration and management, data storage and troubleshooting, system integration, monitoring, and security, IT infrastructure design, creating new OS images, and disaster recovery. Support will be at the Secret classification level. The successful candidate will work closely with the USAFE team, and report to middle and senior management and SecureView PMO on infrastructure efforts on a regular basis, as well as, design and engineer new services to support USAFE missions.
The SecureView Engineer performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, evaluates alternatives including cost, risk, supportability and analyses for total systems. Analyses are performed at all levels of total system product to include concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal. The SecureView Engineer will also ensure the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions. This individual will also translate customer requirements into hardware/software specifications.
Required Skills and Education
- Linux administration
- Security+ Cert or CISSP
- Virtualization - eg. VMWare, Citrix, Xen
- Basic networking - such as a CCNA certification
- Windows 10 administration/troubleshooting
- VDI (VMWare Horizon View or Citrix XenDesktop) engineering and support experience
- Good writing skills
- IT Diagramming skills, eg. Visio
- Time management, project management, independent worker
- Virtual private networking - for example Cisco VPN
- Active Secret Clearance
- Current U.S. civilian Passport
- BS Degree
- Familiarity with current cross-domain technologies
- Experience in an agile software development environment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows OS (server and client), UNIX, Linux, scripting
- Experience with Microsoft products such as Active Directory, Office, SharePoint, Outlook
- 8+ Years in IT Engineering
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Back to top