Section Lead/Engineer Manager
Integration and Information Analytics (I2A) Directorate
The Section Lead will report directly to the Director of the Integration and Information Analytics (I2A) directorate and will work closely with the Director to lead, manage, and run the group. Responsibilities include meeting financial objectives, capturing new business, executing on programs, and managing the staff for a significant technical area of our business portfolio. The I2A directorate specializes in the integration and development of advanced analytics for data exploitation, tracking, and multi-intelligence fusion for a variety of customers in the defense industry.
Today’s warfighter and intelligence analyst are overwhelmed with data from a wide variety of sensors. Our systems integrate multiple data products including radar, video, and signals intelligence into clear and consolidated situational awareness pictures for operators and commanders. Applications of our technology include: space, land, air, and maritime surveillance; IED detection; insurgent detection and tracking; border patrol; and long-range strike systems.
Specific Section Lead (SL) Job Responsibilities include:
- Staff Management : The SL serves as a first line functional supervisor for a group of System and/or Research Engineers. The SL is responsible for career growth, personal development, objective settings, and project allocation for a group of four to eight individuals across a variety of programs in diverse technical areas. The SL must demonstrate vision and leadership to motivate and influence the group for growth and general well-being.
- Program Execution : The SL serves in a leadership role on highly complex research or system engineering efforts, as a program manager, or project or technical lead. The SL works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined programs, identify key technical issues and define alternative approaches and resolutions; applies and develops advanced technologies, principles, theories, and concepts; maintains liaison with customer or contractor representatives to manage, review, monitor, and evaluate alignment with customer’s objective and contractual requirements; defines program requirements; prepares and delivers presentations; prepares status and progress reports and periodically briefs customer representatives on the program status.
- Business Development : The SL provides leadership oversight and active engagement in the development and pursuit of business opportunities. The SL maintains awareness of the company’s competitive position and identifies potential new products or business and pursues them with support from company leadership; leads technical proposals or provides critical written or conceptual contribution to major proposal sections; plans critical long-range technological requirements to enhance company objectives and independently identifies and solves significant problems associated with the success of current and critical long-range objectives.
- Business Operations : The SL works closely with the director in executing the business plan to meet financial goals within the set upon budget and available resources. Tasks include the setting of a healthy backlog to support the staff, identifying the business opportunities, risks and opportunities to meet the financial goals, and prioritizing the marketing opportunities to grow the organization and to ensure continuous alignment of new projects with the key technology areas of the directorate.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 15 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Doctorate degree in an Engineering or Scientific field discipline with 10+ years professional experience (specialization in Knowledge Management and Machine Reasoning valuable); Master’s degree with 13+ years professional experience; Bachelor’s Degree with 15+ years of experience.
- Strong analytic and project and personnel leadership skills
- Creates and analyzes highly complex software and/or system engineering architectures and designs
- Works across a broad range of disciplines to structure undefined programs, identifying key technical issues and defining alternative approaches and resolutions.
- Applies and develops advanced technologies, principles, theories, and concepts.
- Experience with software and system development lifecycle and development processes and procedures. Experience managing programs for highly complex software systems within budget and schedule.
- Proposal writing experience/aptitude.
- Demonstrated experience in impacting staff professional growth in a management or mentoring relationship
- May be called upon to represent the company in high visibility and rapid turnaround activities entailing travel and heavy customer/teammate interaction. Such activities are in quick response to unforeseen circumstances requiring a steep learning curve and tactful engineering professionalism.
About BAE Systems Electronic Systems BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
The Electronic Systems (ES) sector spans the commercial and defense electronics markets with a broad portfolio of mission-critical electronic systems, including flight and engine controls; electronic warfare and night vision systems; surveillance and reconnaissance sensors; secure networked communications equipment; geospatial imagery intelligence products and systems; mission management; and power-and energy-management systems. Headquartered in Nashua, New Hampshire, ES employs approximately 13,000 people globally, with engineering and manufacturing functions primarily in the United States, United Kingdom, and Israel. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top