SCIF Security Specialist
- Dulles, VA
The SCIF Security Specialist will perform a wide variety of administrative and operational duties in support of multiple IC customers.
This position will enforce all aspects of SCI and Industrial security program requirements as well as company policies and procedures.
Duties will include:
- Administers routine aspects of industrial security and SCI programs in compliance with the NISPOM, DoDM, ICD's and other applicable government security directives associated with SCI security.
- Maintains calendar of incoming facility visitors for classified and corporate meetings
- Maintains security documentation in accordance with government requirements. Update records in the organization's internal Security Management System (SIMS)
- Serve as primary contact for customer inquiries and visit requests. Will utilize JPAS or Scattered Castles as needed.
- Coordinate logistics for classified meetings and conferences and maintain calendars/schedule of events
- Provide initial security briefings, debriefings, foreign travel, and relevant security education and training.
- Investigates security violations and submit reports
- Prepares and maintains SCIF accreditation documentation.
- Key accountability
- Serves as Alternate COMSEC custodian.
- Supports Information System Security Officer/Manager (ISSO/ISSM) as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Must have a current and active TS/SCI
- Must have minimum 4 years of experience with Intelligence Community organizations and worked in a SCIF
- Ability to multi-task, pay close attention to detail and operate under pressure
- Ability to prioritize work and switch between tasks quickly
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Ability to use computer software applications including, but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, security databases and email
- Willingness and desire to support all security disciplines in the organization as a team member
- Available to respond to alarms and emergencies after hours
- SSO/CSSO certification course or equivalent
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- COMSEC Custodian Certification
- Professional Security Certification such as ISP or SPeD
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.
Back to top