- Provide support to the research, development, implementation, and maintenance of integrated master plans and schedules, processes, and practices.
- Responsible for the monitoring and measurement of progress, the identification and working of program-wide issues, and addressing of tasks received from project management and external agencies with respect to integrated master schedules and plans.
- Assist with the integration of activities of all functions in the contract, ensuring that they flow smoothly together to achieve the objective results.
- Assist in the definition of, and articulate problems in the conduct of the program, and propose and help implement workable solutions to remedy those problems. The problems, as well as the solutions, will not necessarily be obvious, and will require extrapolative thinking.
- Clearly communicate issues and resolutions to project management in both written and verbal means. Prepare presentations to senior management containing metrics and explanations of data.
- Assist in negotiation with the customer to achieve a BAE Systems’ advantage in the scheduling and management of the program.
- Responsible for contract deliverables related to the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Integrated Master Plan (IMP).
- Assist in the coordination of program-wide review meetings with appropriate personnel (i.e., team leads, government contacts and program management) by coordinating agendas and minutes. The individual will assist in the closure of assigned follow-up actions resulting from program-wide reviews. May lead program review meetings for scheduling.
- Understand the impacts of schedule issues to not only the program and related EVMS reporting, but how those conditions impact BAE Systems internal financial reporting including IBPP and QBR.
- Support the staff in preparing to pass all internal and external audits. Provides direction to lower level staff.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications. Advises management on new developments and programs.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
- Shares responsibility of self-development with immediate supervisor.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of schedule tools such as Open Plan, Microsoft Project and Excel spreadsheets to assist the IPTs in development of meaningful schedules.
- Working knowledge of program cost/schedule, earned value management, monitoring and measurement of progress, identifying and solving program-wide issues, and addressing tasks received from senior management and external agencies.
- Ability to write procedures to communicate to IPT Leads how to ease/improve the planning/scheduling process. Good interpersonal skills to coordinate and communicate with IPT leads, program management, and customer representatives. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to customer/management.
- Ability to lead and give direction to lower level staff.
- High level of analytical ability to develop and maintain integrated program plan and schedule system that analyzes, integrates, and formats cost/schedule information to program management and customers. Provides risk reduction implementation plans to project personnel.
- Understanding of overall program life cycle activities and how they relate to the integrated master schedule and the claiming of earned value.
- Understanding of how a defense business works in relation to internal financial projection including but not limited to order intake, sales, profit, working capital elements affecting cash, etc., etc.
- Has working knowledge and is at ease discussing contractual, programmatic and technical topics as they relate to program scheduling and execution.
- Ability to function with minimal direct guidance and achieve job objectives with a significant degree of independence.
Preferred Skills and Education
- High level of proficiency in requisite toolset
- PMP certification would be the additional preferred credentials.
- DOD EVMS Scheduling experience on major programs is recommended
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top