Reporting to the Production Control Manger, the Production Control Supervisor/Master Scheduler will have overall responsibility for scheduling activities and is accountable for controlling, coordinating and prioritizing the flow of material in operations. This leader owns work in process material, executes the production demands to meet customer promises, and manages schedule compliance and effectiveness.
Functions and Essential Duties:
- Leader and Initiator in Safety. Ensures team compliance with all company & OSHA regulated safety requirements/standards; and environmental and ethical requirements.
- Drive to World Class performance by the execution of Lean and Six Sigma through the application of continuous improvement and waste elimination efforts.
- Develop and update the Master schedule and departmental production plans to meet demand of internal and external customers.
- Ensure Scheduler/Planners work closely with manufacturing to ensure timely completion and delivery of product.
- Continually explore functionality of ERP system in effort to improve planning accuracy and efficiency.
- Own production planning parameters and establish planning strategies to support customer needs.
- Coordinate with Program Management, Supply Chain, Operations and Engineering departments on a daily basis to resolve conflicts.
- Ensure shop orders are created and released in a timely manner to ensure no production is started without a shop order.
- Review shop order labor and inventory postings to ensure accuracy of transactions. Ensure all necessary corrections are done on a daily basis.
- Revise production schedules when required due to design changes, labor or material shortages, backlogs, or other interruptions, collaborating with management, program management, production, and/or engineering.
- Manage materials from production order release through shipping.
- Act as an escalation point for major material issues on floor. Inform manufacturing management and executives on status and resolution, as required.
- Work with purchasing to ensure on-time material delivery.
- Develop, track and report visual metrics, including KPI's for area; react to metrics by identifying and solving problems, making improvements and advancing process control.
- Develop and support teams that make suggestions; take initiative and actively implement improvements.
- Provide capacity planning and appropriate reports to determine equipment and staffing needs.
- Manages production control department and personnel including task assignment, performance management, policy adherence and development.
- Perform semi-annual employee performance evaluations.
- Communicate to internal (Program management, Operations, etc.) and external customers on material status via Program and Production Status reviews.
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top