Provide support to the research, development, implementation, and maintenance of integrated master plans and schedules, processes, and practices. Including creating schedules, managing schedules, performing earned value metrics, labor loading schedules and merging schedules. Additionally, support business/program/project meetings, perform status and forecasts, develop reports for tracking.
- Responsible for the monitoring and measurement of progress, the identification and working of program-wide issues, and addressing of tasks received from project management and external agencies with respect to integrated master schedules and plans.
- Assist with the integration of activities of all functions in the contract, ensuring that they flow smoothly together to achieve the objective results.
- Assist in the definition of, and articulate problems in the conduct of the program, and propose and help implement workable solutions to remedy those problems. The problems, as well as the solutions, will not necessarily be obvious, and will require extrapolative thinking.
- Clearly communicate issues and resolutions to project management in both written and verbal means.
- Assist in negotiation with the customer to achieve a BAE Systems’ advantage in the scheduling and management of the program.
- Responsible for contract deliverables related to the Integrated Master Schedule (IMS) and Integrated Master Plan (IMP) and Management IPT’s.
- Assist in the coordination of program-wide review meetings with appropriate personnel (i.e., team leads, government contacts and program management) by coordinating agendas and minutes. The individual will assist in the closure of assigned follow-up actions resulting from program-wide reviews.
- Support the staff in preparing to pass all internal and external audits.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of relevant discipline(s), industry practices, trends, and applications.
- Maintains a safe work environment and ensures compliance with safety objectives and policies.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years management experience or equivalent experience.
5 years of in depth MS project experience. Required Skills and Education
- Working knowledge of Open Plan 3.5, Microsoft Project 2010+ and Office 2010+ to assist the managers in development of meaningful schedules.
- Understanding of overall program life cycle and how it relates to the integrated master schedule.
- Working knowledge of program cost/schedule integration, earned value management, monitoring and measurement of progress, identifying and solving program-wide issues, and addressing tasks received from senior management and external agencies.
- Ability to communicate to managers regarding how to ease/improve the planning/scheduling process.
- Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner to customer/management.
- High level of analytical ability to develop and maintain integrated program plan and schedule system that analyzes, integrates, and formats cost/schedule information to program management and customers.
- Ability to function under guidance of schedule manager and program leads scheduler to achieve job objectives with a significant degree of independence.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Bachelor’s Degree + 2 years of relevant experience or 6 years of relevant experience
5 years minimum experience working with MS Project.
PMP certification preferred
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do—from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That’s BAE Systems. That’s Inspired Work.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel. EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top