SCA Waste Water Operative II
- Kingsport, TN
BAE Systems, one of the world's leading defense contractors and a stable Fortune 500 Company, is hiring a Water Operator at the Holston Army Ammunition Plant in Kingsport, TN.
The Water Services Operator will:
- Operate, monitor, and maintain processes for Wastewater and Water Treatment Facilities including laboratory analysis and dewatering operations to comply with state NPDES permit limitations and controlling levels of river, filtered, and drinking, water reservoirs for constant supply to manufacturing area.
- Monitor instruments and controls for Wastewater Treatment Facility and pump stations and make process control changes to the system and chemical feeds. Check outside equipment and lift stations, and operate Sanitary Wastewater Treatment Facility.
- Conduct process control wastewater laboratory a nalysis. Operate facility for dewatering of biological and alum sludges.
- Maintain correct chemical feed based on laboratory analysis and maintain appropriate levels of basins, clear well, and reservoir.
- Maintain and oversee repairs to distribution lines.
Required Skills and Education
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily following established standards, codes, and safe work practices and procedures. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and /or ability required.
Required education: High School Diploma
Physical Effort and Dexterity
Must have the ability to stand and walk for extended periods of time; use hands to finger, handle or feel; regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds Sensory Acuity Must be able to speak and hear to use 2-way radio and communicate with others; smell; differentiate colors on test equipment and gauges
Environment and Scheduling
Must have the ability to work 12-hour shift with occasional call-in and overtime; work in all weather conditions; cross train in water filtration and wastewater operations.
Preferred Skills and Education
To be successful the ideal candidate will have:
- 3-5 years experience in Wastewater operations
- Certification in Wastewater Treatment
- Experience in water filtration operations
- Knowledge of computers and data input
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Willingness and desire to learn and ask questions
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top