SCA Supply Technician
The incumbent will be expected to perform limited aspects of technical supply management work related to project activities within their respective branch or group. The tasking will include such tasks as:
- Attend project meeting representing the Supply Support Unit (SSU)
- Work with the project team to develop plans and schedules
- Develop material scheduling requirements from production schedules
- Ensure adequate stock levels are maintained
- Develop raw material requirements from engineering specifications
- Fill out the Requests for Purchases form (including the technical research)and submit it to Procurement for processing
- Monitor the status of Purchase Request(s) and report the status back to the project teams as requested
- Plan and manage the efficient movement of material from receiving or the warehouse to production
- Address concerns of the respective branch supported, help identify the root cause of the concerns, and develop and/or implement a mitigation strategy
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary’s County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary’s County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered. Required Skills and Education High school diploma and five years of experience working with the government supply system
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Excellent written and oral communication skills
Working knowledge of government programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, and other established guidelines
Understanding of the needs of the organization serviced
Analytical a bility to define or recognize issues, collect data to establish the facts, and take or recommend action based upon established guidelines
Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Ability to obtain and maintain the required security clearance
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. People are the greatest asset in any Company. BAE Systems is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.
Back to top