SCA Supply Technician
There is no relocation assistance available for this position. If relocation is required the selected candidate must be willing to relocate at his/her own expense.
BAE Systems in Keyport, WA, is seeking a candidate to support Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Keyport Obsolescence Management Information System (OMIS) to access material readiness and determine parts availability for multiple military platforms/systems.
- Review, research, and validate parts type, parts characteristic, sourcing issue statements, and commercial off-the shelf (COTS) data cited in OMIS databases.
- Adjust and correct parts data to ensure validity of the data reflected in OMIS database.
- Investigate part Equivalency Technical Assistance requests by gathering specifications and data sheets for various electronic, mechanical and electro-mechanical COTS, and other supporting components using existing DoD Logistical information systems (i.e. FEDLOG, DoD EMALL, Navy One Touch, and Pin Point)
- Evaluate technical characteristics between primary and potential alternate/equivalent parts and develop recommendations for suitability of proposed solutions to resolve obsolescence issues.
- Summarize finding and recommendations in a Government provided report format.
A competitive candidate will possess a unique combination of: Ability to determine production status and availability of OMIS items defined by the customer; a high degree of attention to detail and accuracy; high proficiency with Microsoft Excel spreadsheets; self-starting and ability to work independently; able to function as part of an excellent, well-established team; creative thinking and perseverance.
The successful candidate will also have a good working knowledge of supply chain management that includes the governing supply systems (Army, Navy and DoD), programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals or other established guidelines.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top