SCA Engineering Technician III
The selected candidate will provide technical support for the AN/SPN-46(V) Precision Approach and Landing System (PALS). Responsibilities will include maintenance and troubleshooting, flight test support, fleet support, operational testing of new and overhauled system units.
A successful candidate will mature into supporting the SPN-46(V) Fleet Support Team with responsibilities that will include:
- Perform onsite and distance Technical Assistance to the Fleet in support of the AN/SPN-46(V)
- Perform AN/SPN-46(V) Category I, II and III Certification Testing aboard CVN's
- Fleet installations of system upgrades including System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT)
- Resolve Parts obsolescence issues
- Develop ECP drawing packages
- Develop Test Plans and Procedures
- Support Environmental testing
- Develop Field Change Bulletins
- Update existing drawings and test procedures
Will also perform fleet support duties to include troubleshooting, maintenance, equipment installation, cable fabrication, fiber-optic cable installation, and other fleet support related requirements of U.S Navy Air Traffic Control approach and landing systems on board US Navy ships. The position could require travel up to 25% worldwide within 24 hour notification in support of US Navy vessels for periods of several weeks at a time.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station.
There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top