SCA Engineering Technician II
BAE Systems Inc. is looking for a well-qualified Engineering Technician to join our team for an exciting opportunity supporting shore-based Air Traffic Control systems. The selected candidate will be part of a dynamic team providing technical services in support of the Customer's Air Traffic Control Systems. Qualified candidates will:
- Apply electronic techniques, principles, and precedents to develop, modify, install, test, evaluate, and/or operate electronic equipment/systems.
- Work from specific drawings, sketches, schematics and explicit verbal instructions to compile parts lists, generate engineering schematics, troubleshoot, assemble and install components.
- Utilize equipment which requires interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multimeter, signal generator, frequency counter, and logic analyzer to troubleshoot and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems.
- Use standard test equipment and follow prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Test for proper equipment operations and repair or replace defective parts and components as required.
- Extract technical data from various prescribed sources and prepare such data as required.
- May service, repair or calibrate simple to complex electronic equipment.
- Exert frequent physical energy. Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel to remote sites.
BAE Systems wants people who are self-starters and who have experience with working in small teams.
This position is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary's County Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. Relocation assistance is not available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top