SCA Engineering Technician II
The selected candidate will provide technical support for the AN/SPN-46(V) Precision Approach and Landing System (PALS). Responsibilities will include maintenance and troubleshooting, fleet support, and operational testing of new and overhauled system units. The successful candidate will mature into supporting the SPN-46(V) Fleet Support Team with responsibilities that will include:
- Perform onsite and distance Technical Assistance to the Fleet in support of the AN/SPN-46(V)
- Perform AN/SPN-46(V) Category I, II and III Certification Testing aboard CVN's
- Fleet installations of system upgrades including System Operational Verification Testing (SOVT)
- Resolve Parts obsolescence issues
- Develop ECP drawing packages
- Develop Test Plans and Procedures
- Support Environmental testing
- Develop Field Change Bulletins
- Update existing drawings and test procedures
Will also perform fleet support duties to include troubleshooting, maintenance, equipment installation, cable fabrication, fiber-optic cable installation, and other fleet support related requirements of U.S Navy Air Traffic Control approach and landing systems on board US Navy ships. The position may require getting underway on US Navy vessels for periods of several weeks at a time.
Thisposition is located in scenic and historic Southern Maryland in the St. Mary'sCounty Technology Corridor adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval AirStation.
Thereis no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in orstate willingness to relocate self to St. Mary's County, Maryland orsurrounding areas.
Pleasebe sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Onlyresumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top