SCA Engineering Technician II
The selected candidate will have the following duties:
- Assemble components and sub-assemblies following wire prints, production drawings, schematics, sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Mount equipment onto shelves, racks, cabinets, vehicles, boats, and ships.
- Fabricate cables, wire harnesses, and labeling, using industry standard cable fabrication tools, soldering equipment, etc. then performs simple testing to verify correct assembly.
- Perform intermediate assembly tasks such as cleaning, wiring, stamping, and installation of parts and assemblies then label as required.
- Run interconnecting cabling amid equipment following drawing, schematic diagrams, or sketches.
- May install LAN, telephone, and power (Network Cabling) into buildings, structures, vehicles, boats and ships etc. including conduit, racks, and cabinets.
- May conduct HIRADCs risk assessment analysis for the work location, identify hazards, recommend controls, and oversee safety measures.
- May modify and fabricate components, including metal brackets, shelves, racks. This requires use of hand tools and power tools. Power tools include hand-held (drills, rotor-drill) and bench/floor tools (drill press, milling machine, belt sander, table saw, etc.).
- May lay-out and assemble components and circuitry and build prototype or production equipment and systems, utilizing schematics, craft-alts, technical manuals, drawings, etc. Included is the routing and dressing of cables (cable management).
- Other duties as required.
All work performed is according to industry best practice and Mil Standards in accordance with quality assurance standards.
This position is located in Chesapeake, VA. There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Chesapeake, VA or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Human Resources Manager
Melissa advises BAE Systems on the full HR spectrum. She brings in new talent, prepares team members for success, pops in on payroll and benefits, and shapes the company’s culture.
Back to top