SCA Engineering Technician I
The selected candidate will work from engineering design drawings, diagrams, schematics and/or verbal and written instructions to build electrical units, systems, and subsystems. Provides support to higher level technicians or supervisor, working in a research or design/development environment. Receives detailed instructions and equipment requirements from supervisor or engineering personnel.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Works from specific drawings, sketches and schematics.
2. Utilizes equipment which does not require interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multimeter, circuit tester, and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug, and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems, and/or systems.
3. Uses standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Tests for proper equipment operations and repairs or replaces defective parts and components as required.
4. Extracts technical data from various prescribed sources and prepares such data as required.
5. May service, repair, or calibrate simple electronic instruments and equipment.
6. Fabricates and installs custom fabricated cables into electrical cabinets. Also, installs electrical equipment into electrical cabinets using assembly instructions.
7. Fabricates Multi Pin cables IAW MIL-STD2003-5
8. Fabricates Fiber Optic Cables IAW MIL-STD2042
9. Performs other duties and responsibilities as required.
A. Responsibilities for Work of Others
Supervises no employees.
B. Supervision Received
Receives direct supervision. Work is reviewed at various stages. Receives regular assignments of work.
A. Physical Tasks
Exerts frequent physical energy. Climbs ladders. Lifts and carries heavy objects.
B. Working Conditions
Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel overnight or on weekends. May work second or third shift. May embark on ship or airplane to accomplish assignments.
This position is located in Southern Maryland in the St. Mary’s County in Wildewood Technology Park adjacent to the Patuxent River Naval Air Station. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to St. Mary’s County, Maryland or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Required Skills and Education High School diploma and some experience demonstrating mechanical aptitude
Ability to operate various hand and power tools
Ability to pass Cable Fabrication School and Fiber Optic School
Ability to distinguish colors
Ability to obtain/maintain the required security clearance
Ability to maintain a high quality product while not sacrificing productivity
Ability to work as a team player
Preferred Skills and Education Experience using power tools
Electrical experience About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top