SCA Engineering Technician I
The selected candidate will have the following duties:
- Assemble components and sub-assemblies following wire prints, production drawings, schematics, sketches, and verbal instruction.
- Mount equipment onto shelves, racks, cabinets, vehicles, boats, and ships.
- Fabricate cable and wire harness and labeling, using industry standard cable fabrication tools, soldering equipment, etc. then performs simple testing to verify correct assembly.
- Perform intermediate assembly tasks such as cleaning, wiring, stamping, and installation of parts and assemblies then label as required.
- Runs interconnecting cabling amid equipment following drawing, schematic diagrams, or sketches.
- May install LAN, telephone, and power (Network Cabling) into buildings, structures, vehicles, boats and ships etc. including conduit, racks, and cabinets.
- May conduct HIRADCs risk assessment analysis for the work location, identifies hazards, recommends controls, and oversees safety measures.
- May modify and fabricate components, including metal brackets, shelves, racks. This requires use of hand tools and power tools. Power tools include hand-held (drills, rotor-drill) and bench/floor tools (drill press, milling machine, belt sander, table saw, etc.).
- May lay-out and assemble components and circuitry and build prototype or production equipment and systems, utilizing schematics, craft-alts, technical manuals, drawings, etc. Included is the routing and dressing of cables (cable management).
- Other duties as required.
All work performed is according to industry best practice and Mil Standards in accordance with quality assurance standards.
This position is located in Chesapeake, VA. There is no relocation assistance available for this position. Applicants must be currently residing in or state willingness to relocate self to Chesapeake, VA or surrounding areas.
Please be sure to address all requirements of posted requisition in resume. Only resumes that include all requirements will be considered.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top