SCA Electronics Tech III-IESS Maintenance
BAE Systems is seeking an Electronic Maintenance Tech with a Lenel Certified Professional (LCP) certification, and Pelco CCTV experience to support maintenance at a Government facility in the Charleston, SC, area. Maintenance and service support activities consist of performing Preventative, Corrective, and Emergency maintenance on an Integrated Electronic Security System (IESS), inclusive of the Lenel ACS/IDS, Pelco CCTV, turnstiles, thermal cameras, metal detectors, etc.
Preventative and Corrective Maintenance will be performed during normal work hours. Emergency calls must be acknowledged within 2 hours from the notification, with repairs completed within 24 hours of the request.
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position will be located in the Charleston, SC area. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position.
Required Skills and Education
The candidate must:
- Be a U.S Citizen
- Be proficient in reading and capable of communicating effectively in English
- Have an active and be able to maintain a DoD Secret clearance
- Be able to obtain a Common Access Card (CAC). A National Agency Check with Local Agency Check and Credit Check (NACLC) will be performed in accordance with DoD 5220.22-M, "National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual" (NISPOM) and DoD 5200.2-R.
- Have at least 3 years' experience in installation tasks, cabling/wiring installation, dressing and labeling, and cable tray and conduit installation
- Have a current Lenel Certified Professional (LCP) or higher certification. The certification shall be current.
- Be qualified and trained to work on Lenel "On Guard", and Pelco CCTV systems
- Have a minimum of three (3) years' Lenel on Guard installation or Maintenance experience
- Have a basic understanding of computer networks
- Be able to read and work with installation drawings and perform redlines for corrections
- Have at least five (5) years of experience in electronics repair, maintenance, and checkout
- Have a good working knowledge of the National Electric Code (NEC), NFPA 101, ICD 705, and other industry standards
- Work from specific drawings, sketches, schematics and explicit verbal instructions to compile parts lists and generate engineering schematics
- Utilize equipment which requires interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multi-meter, circuit tester and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems
- Use standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Tests for proper equipment operations and repair or replace defective parts and components as required.
- Being able to provide feedback and recommendations to engineers from the field for corrective actions
- Perform service call work as necessary to determine the cause of system and equipment malfunctions, eliminate the cause(s), and restore the system or equipment to satisfactory working condition.
- Experience with installation and maintenance of fence sensors, turnstiles, vehicle barriers, x-ray machines
- Formal electronics training from a Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or•
- Four (4) year's electronics apprenticeship program. Formal electronics training must be in Installation Tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Back to top