SCA Elect Tech, Maint III
This position is controlled by the Service Contract Act (SCA) and is classified as non-exempt by the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Position will support maintenance and integration of Intrusion Detection and Access Control equipment.
Position will involve the following tasking:
1. Works from specific drawings, sketches, schematics and explicit verbal instructions to compile parts lists, generate engineering schematics and construct electrical engineering breadboards and prototype models.
2. Utilizes equipment which requires interpretation including, but not limited to, computer aided tools, volt meter, multimeter, circuit tester and logic analyzer to troubleshoot, debug and perform routine measurements on electronic assemblies, subsystems and/or systems.
3. Uses standard test equipment and follows prescribed test procedures to perform circuit continuity and current and voltage checks. Tests for proper equipment operations and repairs or replaces defective parts and components as required.
4. Extracts technical data from various prescribed sources and prepares such data as required.
5. May service, repair or calibrate simple to complex electronic equipment.
6. Exerts frequent physical energy. Climbs ladders. Lifts and carries heavy objects. Occasionally exposed to disagreeable conditions. May work extended hours or weekends. May travel to remote sites..
IMPORTANT NOTE: This position is located on Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport, RI. There is no monetary relocation assistance budgeted for this position. Willingness to relocate one’s self is required and is required to be clearly stated in resume to be considered.
Required Skills and Education Required education: High School/GED
Plus at least one of the following:
- Associate’s Degree in Engineering Technology, or
- Formal electronics training from a Class A or B military school in electronics or communications, or
- Four (4) year electronics apprenticeship program (Formal electronics training must be in: Installation Tasks, Soldering, Cable Dressing, Cable Tray, Conduit, and Making/Repairing Connectors)
At least two (2) years of experience in electronics repair, maintenance, and checkout
Ability to acquire and maintain U.S. government security clearance and/or Common Access Card (CAC)
Minimum of 5 years Lenel OnGuard maintenance and installation experience.
Preferred Skills and Education Prior experience in Lenel OnGuard acces control systems with inspecting, testing and troubleshooting of access control and intrusion detection equipment and systems. Cable, wire, and connector assembly and repair experience. Understanding of computer networks.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Information Solutions, based in Reston, Virginia, is among the 10 largest IT providers to the U.S. government, serving most of the federal defense and civilian marketplace. It provides network-centric command, control, computing, and intelligence (C3I) solutions; wideband networking radio systems; information systems for the U.S. intelligence community; geospatial information services; and information technology services. Leveraging its knowledge of signals and data derived from signals, Information Solutions has attained a market-leading position in advanced information technology research, intelligence analysis and production, and geospatial exploitation software. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top