The USCG TISCOM TESS program provides critical services and support to meet the demands of the USCG mission. TISCOM responsibilities include providing reliable enterprise IT services and responsive technical support for Coast Guard men and women around the globe as it develops, deploys, and supports the information technology (IT) infrastructure for the USCG Sensitive But Unclassified (SBU) (e.g., CGOne), Secret Internet Protocol Router Network (SIPRNet), and Top Secret (e.g., Joint Worldwide Intelligence Communications System [JWICS], Gold) networks for land, aviation, and sea based assets. Requirements include O&M of existing systems to engineering/deployment of new capabilities.
- Provides technical support to staff and customers on satellite communications systems and network routers and switches by testing hardware products and maintaining documentation.
- Responds and follows-up on internal and external customer support problems. Uses an IT ticket system, is responsible for receiving and tracking the trouble tickets, assigns them to a technical specialist (could be themselves or someone else) for action and ensures that their tickets are resolved, and closed out with the customer and in the system.
- Provides front-line technical support for satellite communications management, operations, and support services. Applies problem analysis and solving skills critical in identifying, resolving or escalating issues.
- Supports and adapts to various types of situations, clients and tools.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to meet deadlines as needed.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education
- Experienced user support specialist with background in aircraft and maritime satellite communications, land-earth station operations, and Cisco router command line configuration.
- Participates in troubleshooting of issues with the drive towards root cause identification and resolution.
- Supports continuous improvement in the process and quality of operations. Performs advanced troubleshooting and remediation activities. Handles and analyzes incoming user requests and assigns to appropriate queue.
- Maintains a professional attitude and appearance providing excellent customer service at all times, to include maintaining a good work ethic and assisting other analysts when needed.
- Stays in regular communication throughout the day with the Tier I, Tier II, and Management staff. Provides timely responses to client and management requests.
- Gives status updates on a regular basis. Assists end-users with installation, configuration, and troubleshooting of hardware and software to ensure continued usability of equipment and software at a Tier II level – including, but not limited to: Network Connectivity and Satellite Communications.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Experience in technical documentation such as engineering changes is a plus.
- Coast Guard specific satellite communications experience.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems is a global defense, aerospace and security company with more than 80,000 employees worldwide, delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services.
Intelligence & Security provides comprehensive and strategic support to any mission, anytime, anywhere. The sector serves a diverse customer base, including the U.S. Department of Defense; the intelligence community; U.S. federal civilian agencies including the Department of Justice, the Department of Homeland Security and commercial clients. The sector is headquartered in McLean, Va., and employs approximately 10,000 employees.
People are the greatest asset in any company. BAE Systems is committed to a high performance culture and provides an environment where the work we do matters and where people are challenged to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer. Females. Minorities. Veterans. Disabled
Back to top