The selected candidate will be responsible for the daily inspection of various work areas including sea going vessels, piers, docks and buildings. Ensures compliance with safety / health regulations, company policies and procedures, consensus standards, and customer requirements. Identifies and facilitates corrections of potential hazards, hazards and infractions, or ceases operations until corrected. Areas of concern: life and safety codes, safe work practices, personal protective equipment, slips, trips, fall protections, fire prevention, confined and enclosed space entry, hazard communication standards and Global Harmonizing System, electrical safety, machine guarding, etc.
- Provide advice and recommendations to individuals or groups about performing work safely.
- Enforce operational compliance with safety regulations and company policies and procedures.
- Provide safety orientation and training of employees, subcontractors and ship’s force.
- Manage administrative duties, maintaining databases, programs etc.
- Responsible to drive ethical behavior and instill a culture of Safety, Health & Environmental throughout the organization, including continuous improvement of Safety standards through the Safety Maturity Matrix.
- Establish and foster an environment that encourages initiative, creative thinking, collaborative action, and process improvement that results in improved product quality, performance and customer satisfaction.
Required Skills and Education Knowledgeable in OSHA CFR 1915 regulations.
Previous experience as a safety technician or inspector. Ability to provide training to groups of various sizes.
Perform evaluation and testing in various environments including but not limited to noise, illumination, atmospheric conditions (confined spaces), ensuring proper working environments are established and maintained.
Knowledge and skills of computer use and programs using Microsoft Office programs Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint.
Populate and maintain department data bases, archiving, report writing, maintaining files, etc.
Capable to work in a variety of physically demanding environments and weather conditions. Including climbing, bending, crawling, working at heights, inside of enclosed and confined spaces, heat, rain, wind, etc.
Must be able to acquire and maintain Rapid gate.
Must have a valid driver’s license.
Preferred Skills and Education Previous maritime and / or military experience a plus but not required.
Completed degree / certificate courses in Occupational Health and Safety. Competent Person Certificate
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top