Safety, Health & Environmental Manager
BAE Systems, Platforms & Services is looking for a Safety & Health Manager in our San Jose, CA facility. The ideal candidate will:
- Review and revise as necessary, safety & health programs to ensure their adequacy and effectiveness.
- Conduct or direct testing of air quality, noise, temperature, and/or radiation levels to verify compliance with health and safety regulations.
- Work closely with Site Leadership to ensure compliance with site SHE Management System and maintain certification (OHSAS 18001).
- Maintain records and data necessary to track, analyze and report on safety & health trends and to comply with company and regulatory requirements.
- Confer with occupational health professionals to assess health risks and to develop ways to manage health issues and concerns related to occupational exposures.
- Work closely with occupational health and risk management professionals to effectively manage worker’s compensation cases.
- Review plans and specifications for construction of new machinery or equipment in order to determine if safety & health requirements have been met.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of federal, state, and local legislation/regulations, and informs management of impact on operations.
Minimum Education and Experience Bachelor’s Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience Required Skills and Education – Required education: Bachelor Degree plus 12 years of relevant experience or six additional years of experience in lieu of a degree (total 18 years relevant experience required without degree).
- Experience managing direct reports
- Ability to communicate and work with appropriate team members and leadership Preferred Skills and Education – Bachelors Degree in Safety Science or a related discipline
- M.S. Degree
- Certified Safety Professional
- Certified Industrial Hygienist
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services Posting BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. With headquarters in Arlington, Virginia, this Platform and Services Group of BAE Systems employs nearly 11,000 professionals at more than 30 locations worldwide. Platform and Services is a global leader in the design, development, production, and service support of armored combat vehicles, major and minor caliber naval guns and missile launchers, canisters, artillery systems, and intelligent munitions. People are the greatest asset in any Company. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression EEO Career Site Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities . females . veterans . individuals with disabilities . sexual orientation . gender identity . gender expression
Back to top