Safety, Health and Environmental Specialist
BAE Systems is looking for a SHE Specialist that actively promotes and support the health and safety programs at several sites throughout the Mission Solutions Business Unit within the Integrated Defense Solutions Business Area in I&S sector. Supports the site leads in their safety programs on a daily basis. Facilitates health and safety training for Company staff, subcontractors, and any parties required to participate to ensure achievement of exceptional health & safety performance including developing training content, and delivering course information.
Duties include (but limited to):
-Authors health and safety related documentation (reports, logs, records, safety hazard analyses and site specific risk mitigation plans), completing required information for daily reports and client communications in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ensures that all documentation is organized and uploaded to the shared SHE SharePoint site.
-Conducts regular inspections with site leadership involvement to assess safety, health and environmental systems adherence as well as identify potential loss and risk to employees and property. Takes appropriate actions to prevent loss and mitigate risk in accordance to company standards and practices.
- Ensures that deficiencies are corrected in a timely manner and to acceptable measures. Represents the Company in a positive and professional manner in client and regulatory agency interactions, serving as the primary point of contact for site health & safety within the Mission Solutions Business Unit.
- Collaborates with Project Managers to ensure that health and safety activities are incorporated effectively into project plans within the scope of the business unit. Reports health and safety incidents to the Company Incident Database.
- Conducts related investigations thoroughly, completing associated documentation accurately. Ensures and verifies implementation, communication, and documentation of corrective actions and corrective action close-outs.
- In addition to the accountabilities above, other responsibilities, tasks, and deliverables may be assigned
- Must also have the ability to communicate in written and oral formats with diplomacy and tact, and have aptitude for exercising independent thinking and reasoning. He or she must demonstrate success in teaching others health and safety concepts and requirements. He or she must be skilled in leading others without formal reporting authority.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 2 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
Bachelor's Degree or higher in a Safety, Health and Environmental Program, or an Engineering program, and at least 3 years of safety, health, and environmental work experience working directly in an industrial or construction setting required. Certified Safety Professional or Associate Safety Professional designation is highly preferred.
Must demonstrate competency in the following areas: Excavation; Fall Protection; Confined Space; Health hazard recognition, evaluation and control of chemical, physical and biological agents; Personal Protective Equipment and clothing to include selection, use and maintenance. Must have some experience with industrial hygiene.
About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security
BAE Systems Intelligence & Security, based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. That's BAE Systems. That's Inspired Work. Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression. To see Inspired Work in action, visit www.baesystems.com and follow us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/baesystemsintel.
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top