Safety/ Environmental Technician
BAE Systems Hawaii Shipyards is looking for a Safety/Environmental Technician. This person will be responsible for overall safety and environmental compliance for ship repair activities conducted . This includes, but is not limited to:
- Daily inspection of various work areas onboard ships, on piers, and within shop areas, ensuring compliance with safety/health/environmental regulations, company policies, procedures, and customer requirements.
- Communicates and interfaces with various employees
- Manages elements of safety and environmental programs as assigned, facilitate correction of hazards and infraction or ceasing operations until corrected.
- Areas of safety concern include but are not limited to: Life and safety codes, safe work practices, personal protective equipment, fall protection, fire protection, confined and enclosed space entry, hazard communication standards, electrical safety, lock-out tag-out, etc.
- Areas of environmental concern include but are not limited to: Hazardous and industrial waste management, stormwater pollution prevention, over the water transfers of petroleum, air quality compliance, water quality compliance, spill prevention and response, bulk and liquid sampling.
- Perform facility safety/environmental inspections, internal audits, job site inspections, regulatory inspections.
- Responsible for maintaining detailed electronic records, including data logs and databases, using and maintaining various monitoring equipment.
- Incident response and investigation.
Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Education
MUST BE A U.S. CITIZEN
Must be able to obtain and retain DBIDS credential for Joint Base Pearl Harbor Hickam .
Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint).
Must be able to board all ships and enter all spaces regardless of size or configuration to complete inspections and ensure compliance of safety rules
Must be able to walk up and down stairs.
Must be able to work at heights, including using PFAS as applicable
Must have a valid driver's license.
Knowledge of applicable Federal, State and local OSH and environmental regulations and standards.
Must be able to interact with a variety of people in a variety of settings.
Good written and verbal communication skills.
Handle physically demanding environments (rain, wind, heat, heights, confined spaces, etc.).
High school diploma or equivalent.
One year previous experience in the field of Occupational Safety or related field
Must be able to work all shifts
Preferred Skills and Education
Prefer two year degree in occupational safety, environmental management or similar.
Previous experience with maritime occupational safety and environmental management preferred.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services
BAE Systems is a premier global defense and security company with approximately 90,000 employees delivering a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support and services. Platforms & Services designs, develops, produces, supports, maintains, modernizes and upgrades armored combat vehicles, wheeled vehicles, naval guns, surface ship combatants, commercial vessels, missile launchers, artillery systems, military ordnance, and protective wear and armor. Equal Opportunity Employer: Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Gender Expression
Meet Some of BAE Systems's Employees
Vice President, Finance
Chandra helps steer the overall financial direction of BAE Systems’ headquarters. She interacts with many teams to lead mergers and acquisitions, investments, and general maintenance of all the numbers.
Back to top